As professional videographers, we’re always looking for an edge. With the Sony FDR-AX33, we found it. I’ll summarize it’s benefits in the following bullet points:
- It shoots in 4K.
- It costs under $1,000.
- Battery life is terrific.
- It can be controlled from a smart phone and that phone can zoom in and out.
- The image quality is amazing.
- The image stabilization is brilliant. Makes shooting car-to-car footage a breeze and eliminates the need for a third person.
- Menu system in intuitive.
- Buttons are customizable.
- Making changes to audio, lighting, exposure is a breeze.
That’s it. The camera is brilliant. Only complaint is that the still images are not great, but that’s not what I bought this camcorder for.