Based on the All-New Global Epsilon Platform, the 2014 Chevy Impala shares architecture with the Buick LaCrosse and Cadillac XTS. In other words, it’s big and roomy. Whereas the outgoing model seemed more mid-sized, this Impala is all about spaciousness and is now on par with competitive models that include the Toyota Avalon, Kia Cadenza, Dodge Charger, Ford Taurus, Nissan Maxima and Hyundai Azera.
The exterior styling of the Impala is an instant classic. Unlike past Impalas in recent history that were destined for the rental car fleet, ths Impala is attractive and is a car anyone would be proud to put in their driveway. From its broad shoulders, aggressive presence and sleek lines, the Impala is strong and distinctive. The Impala’s exterior is also aerodynamic with a Coefficient of Drag of 0.296 Cd thanks to aero shutter grill and under-body aero panels. The interior is equally impressive with the latest iteration of Chevy’s MyLink which offers a host of fun options such as…..
- Customization – move icons from page to page or position on the screen
- Control – redundancy (controls on screen, steering wheel & instrument panel
- Natural Voice Recognition
- 3D mapping
- Valet Mode – lock valuables in storage compartment behind Infotainment screen.
- 60 Favorites (radio, contacts, POIs, songs, artists, genres)
- Gesture recognition (swipe, flick, click & drag)
- Bluetooth connectivity ( up to 10 devices)
- HD Radio
- Pandora, Sirius XM
- Watch movies from USB device while in park
- Store up to 1,000 contacts
- 4 different customizable skins
Safety highlights on the Impala include brake pre-fill, collision mitigation braking, adaptive cruise control and rear cross traffic alert.
Duralife Rotors help to eliminate rust and shudder, effectively doubling rotor life expectancy from 40K to 80K miles. This is GM patented technology.